Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Time's up.

Time. So much is said to describe it. Time is slow. Time is fast. Time is not enough. Too much. Time is forgiving. Time is cruel. Time heals. Softens. Erases. Time is priceless. Time is money. Time is an illusion. Time is inflexible. Impenetrable.

Time is what you choose to do with it. I chose to ignore it, for a long time. I woke up one day, not long ago, and time - my time - was irretrievable. I wanted it back instead of wanting to go back. I wanted to give it purpose, meaning, opportunity. I couldn’t. I can’t. Every minute I spent grieving for my lost time I was losing more time. So I stopped. I took the time to take my time and use it. Think it. Feel it. Hear it. Breathe it.
I would give you all my time. We have so little time. We had so little time. All the time I gave away was worth the waste. Without it there would never have been our time. A long time in exchange for a short time. I wouldn’t have it any other way. So I forgive my absence, my excuse, my failure, my flee. These hours are timeless. You set me free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home